Welcome to our Presenters Corner - practical info and tips to make your session a success!
Email your photo and bio to Greg Irving at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your PowerPoint slide deck to email@example.com (DO NOT send PDFs)
- Download your PowerPoint Template:
Attach any session handouts to your email as Word docs or pdfs. (Note: if we do not receive handouts by September 14, you will be responsible for providing your own copies.)
The Co-op IMPACT Conference is looking for presentations that are engaging, meaningful and useful. Typically, presentations and workshops achieve these through the following best practices:
- Provide a tangible takeaway
- Provide a resource
- Include an actionable idea
- Use strong visuals
Here are some best practices for each of the common presentation types.
- Integrate multiple points of view
- Make sure your panelists are well versed in their topics and come prepared
- Keep presentations short, encourage conversation
- Remember that the moderator is the advocate of the attendee, keeps time and allows questions from the audience during Q&A
- Workshops/Participatory Sessions
- Workshops and other participatory sessions should be interactive, but not complicated
- Activities should lead to a deeper understanding of a topic, or improve a skill
- Encourage participation and lead robust discussions
- Encourage diverse perspectives
- Make sure report-outs focus on key takeaways (such as the useful or surprising) rather than a full summary
- Use strong visuals
- Stick to one or two key takeaways
- Incorporate suggestions to apply tools and knowledge
Please email your PowerPoint using one of the following templates to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CO-OP IMPACT CONFERENCE PRESENTATION" by September 14. Use one of the templates below, depending on your track. In your email, attach any additional handouts you would like available on the conference mobile app (download the app here: http://my.yapp.us/COOPIMPACT)
- IMPACT Track PowerPoint Template
- Purchasing Track PowerPoint Template
- Professionals Track PowerPoint Template
On the day of your session: If your session is in the main ballroom, report to the sound booth to receive a lavalier microphone 15 min prior to your session. Some plenary sessions will be recorded, so where microphones are provided, we ask that they are used.
There will be a speaker green room available on site for your bag storage and session prep.
Logos and Social Media
Thank you for presenting at the Co-op IMPACT Conference! Our Social Media Toolkit for this event is coming soon!
How do I get to the conference?
- The conference is located at the Sheraton Pentagon City
(900 S Orme Street, Arlington, VA 22204)
- The hotel is reachable by multiple means. Check out our travel page for more details.
What should I do when I arrive?
- Please plan to arrive at the hotel 30 minutes before your session so you have time to get organized, check in with our registration team for your conference speaker badge and receive a microphone.
Is there a space for me to prep?
- There will be a speaker green room off the main ballroom. Please check in with our registration team when you arrive and they will direct you to the appropriate area.
What do I need to know when I get to my room?
- Plan to arrive in your room 10 minutes prior to the beginning of your session. Your room will already be set up to any specifications previously discussed. Your room ambassador will be available to set up microphones, display your PowerPoint and distribute handouts.
What PowerPoint Template should I use?
- Please use one of the following templates for your session, depending on your track: